What is Profhilo - Bio Remodelling?
Profhilo is made from hyaluronic acid and is an injectable treatment for anti-ageing that immediately perfects skin texture. It aids in skin elasticity and firmness, which deteriorates with age, providing a noticeable improvement in hydration, tightness, line minimisation and skin tone after the first treatment.
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance found in our skin, joints and connective tissues and when this is introduced into our skin it stimulates our skin to also create more of its own collagen and elastin. This is very important because with age the production of hyaluronic acid slows, causing dullness, dehydration, fine lines and wrinkling of the skin.
In contrast to ‘filler’, which hyaluronic acid is best known as, the structure of Profhilo allows it to move through an extended area to increase hydration and ‘recondition’ the skin without the risk of lumps, due to its smooth and fluid texture that distributes evenly under the skin (like the motion of honey).
Profhilo has one of the highest concentrations of stabilised hyaluronic acid in cosmetic treatments (64mg/ 2ml), with its thermally bonded structure (rather than chemically bonded) causing it to act as a hydrator rather than a filler.
The bio aesthetic point (BAP) technique was specifically developed for Profhilo using CT scanning to determine spreading in the facial tissues. These points when injected with 0.2ml of Profhilo subdermally give the best uniform spread. The product spreads over a day or so by the action of mimetic muscle movements. There is no need for post-injection massage. These points (five on each side of the face) are also well away from major arteries, veins and nerves thereby avoiding iatrogenic injury or intra-vascular injection.
The procedure is relatively quick and painless and includes 2 treats around 3-5 weeks later.
Profhilo Sessions Available:
Profhilo (£795)x1 area
Profhilo (£1,495)x2 areas
Profhilo (£1,995)x3 areas
- Remodels the skin
- Induces natural collagen and elastin production
- Skin appears plumper, firmer and smoother
- Only two sessions one month apart needed
- Slow injections makes for effectively painless treatment
- Delivers stunning results both on its own or alongside other aesthetic treatments
- Fine lines & wrinkles
- Skin laxity and sagging skin
- Crepey skin
- Scarring and acne scarring
- Open pores
- Dry and dull skin
Treatment areas include – Face, Neck, Décolletage & Hands
- x1 Area (795)
- x2 Areas (£1,495)
- x3 Areas (£1,995)
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure to the face 48 hours prior to treatment.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible for a period of 3 days before treatment.
- Final results from Profhilo injections will take approximately 4 to 7 days to appear – additionally bruising and swelling may be apparent in that time period. Each individual may react differently.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
- If you have a history of cold sores you may take anti-viral medication prior to treatment to reduce the chance of breakouts.
- Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant. If breastfeeding your consent form states that this treatment is undertaken at your own risk.
- The best way to arrive at your appointment is without makeup.
- Avoid IPL/Laser procedures for at least 2 weeks prior to your treatment.
- Makeup should be avoided for 12 hours after your treatment.
- It is advisable to avoid anti-inflammatory medication and alcohol for 48 hours after treatment.
- Avoid hot baths, swimming pools, saunas, and situations where you might sweat heavily, including intense workouts at the gym, to protect your newly treated skin. After 72 hours have passed, you may be able to resume these activities.
- Keep your skin hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Avoid significant movement or massage of the treated area. Unless instructed by your practitioner.
- Avoid extensive sun exposure for 72 hours.
- Avoid consuming excess amounts of alcohol or salts to avoid excess swelling.
- If you have swelling you may apply a cool compress for 15 minutes each hour.
- Try to sleep face up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling.
- Use Arnica to help any bruising and swelling.
Am I suitable for Profhilo?
Profhilo is used to create an airbrushed skin effect on patients of all ages. It is especially popular with patients over the age of 30. If you are not happy with your skin laxity, have crêpey or thin skin as well as other visible signs of ageing such as fine lines and wrinkles, you could be suitable for Profhilo. However, we always recommend that clients have a consultation prior to any Carbon Blush treatment.
How is Profhilo administered?
Profhilo works in a course of 2 treatments, 4 weeks apart. On the face, only 5 injection points are necessary on each side of the face to give maximum results.
Profhilo acts as a hydrator rather than a filler. It is injected just under the surface of the skin, where it disperses quickly (due to the lack of BDDE cross-linking agent) and reacts with your own tissues to instantly boost hydration. Over the following 4 weeks, phase 2 will boost collagen and elastin production within the dermis. This helps to give the skin a youthful, plump, smooth and firm appearance.
Profhilo can be used as a stand-alone treatment or in conjunction with other dermal fillers, laser treatments or Botox as part of a holistic approach to skin remodelling and revitalisation.
Does the treatment hurt?
As Profhilo is injected just under the skin using very fine needles in predetermined points, it is relatively painless; you may feel a short sting or scratch, but this is short-lived. Patients can opt for topical pain relief or anaesthetic before a Profhilo treatment, but it is usually not needed.
Is there any downtime?
There is no downtime with Profhilo. However, it is advisable to avoid anti-inflammatory medication and alcohol for 48 hours after treatment.
How long do results last?
Results from Profhilo can last anything from 6 to 12 months, depending on your individual reaction and metabolism of the product.
Are there any pre-treatment and post-treatment care instructions?
Yes! Please refer to our protocols section for more information.
What is the difference between profhilo and dermal filler?
Profhilo is highly purified hyaluronic acid which is injected into the skin. It initially hydrates the skin and goes on to stimulate your natural collagen and elastin production for a rejuvenating effect. Dermal fillers also tend to be hyaluronic acid based (other types are available) with additional ingredients included. Like Profhilo, dermal fillers are injected into the skin. Unlike Profhilo, they are targeted at specific areas of lax skin to replenish lost volume and repair skin damage, as well as increasing natural collagen and elastin levels in that area.
Please note that all injectable treatment results vary between individuals. Some people require more filler than others, or break down and metabolise filler at different rates. Therefore the desired end result may not be achieved after one treatment. We always recommend consulting with your practitioner first and understanding that the need for more filler may be applicable in different cases e.g. treatment area, gender, skin type, whether you’re a first time patient etc.
At Carbon Blush we always recommend a gradual build toward the end goal for the best and longest lasting results, especially for patients who are new to injectable treatments. This way we learn about your skin’s individual reaction to filler and can best advise going forwards with your transformation.
We'll let you in on the celebrity secret!
Profhilo is the most revolutionary skin treatment the aesthetic industry has seen in 30 years – it’s the celebrity skin secret that everyones been waiting for!
Dr Deryk Williams
This is the first injectable designed to specifically address skin quality and is suitable for treating...
Anti-wrinkle injections are administered by qualified practitioners. They’re used to relax the...
Non-surgical Face Lifts
A non-surgical face lift can include a number of different treatments and procedures that aim to address...