What is a PDO Threadlift?
The PDO Thread Lift, sometimes known as the ‘Lunchtime Face lift’, is a minimally invasive non-surgical face lift whereby fine surgical threads are used to lift the cheeks, jowls and neck. These surgical threads are made from polydioxanone (PDO), the same material used for surgical stitches, which is biocompatible and biodegradable. PDO threads slowly dissolve and are fully absorbed after 6-8 months leaving newly formed collagen bands in place.
The maximum effect of the PDO Thread Lift will be apparent 3-4 months after, and effects should last up to 2 years. With the use of local anaesthetic, the threads are injected into the skin using a fine needle. The threads are interlaced causing a tension and lifting of the skin, delivering an immediate lift and tightening of the skin. The threads stimulate the production of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid, thickening, smoothing and strengthening the skin from within and improving elasticity so it delivers a lifted and youthful appearance for up to 2 years.
Some PDO threads have tiny cogs attached to them which grip sagging tissues, enabling the lifting and tightening of cheeks, jowls and neck. Other threads are smooth and are used to provide tissue support and to generate collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid to re-plump and smooth the skin.
The procedure takes no longer than an hour usually and clients can return to normal activities immediately. Some clients may experience a small amount of swelling, bruising and sensitivity for several weeks after the procedure. Antibiotics are always supplied by the doctor on the day to prevent any potential skin infection.
The PDO Thread Lift is an extremely effective, low risk procedure, and had become increasingly popular and fashionable in the last few years due to its excellent results and minimal pain and downtime. Dual effect of lifting the face as well as improving actual skin condition and texture.
Please note that £350 of the total cost must be paid in advance and is non-refundable.
– – –
Small Area – £700
Full Face – £2,200
Top Up Threads – £250
PDO Threadlift Sessions Available:
PDO Threadlift Deposit (£350)Non-refundable deposit for any threadlift treatment
Small Area (£700)Eyebrow lift, Eye Lift
** TREATMENT TIME: 1 HOUR 30 MINS **
Full face (£2200)** TREATMENT TIME: 2 HOURS **
Top-Up Threadlifts (from £250)** TREATMENT TIME: 1 HOUR 30 MINS **
- Smoking and all kinds of alcohol must be avoided for at least 1 week before the procedure as they can dehydrate the skin and even affect use of anaesthetics. It also aids in speeding the recovery process and providing the best treatment results.
- Avoid consuming omega fish oils, vitamin E, chilli ginseng, garlic, krill, and other such supplements at least 2 days before the treatment. It is best to avoid green and ginger teas as well.
- Aspirin-based products, like Naproxen/Naprogesic, Neurofen, and Ibuprofen, must be avoided 24 hours prior to treatment, as they can cause bleeding, unwanted side effects and complications.
- Avoid performing high-intensity exercises and going to a sauna or steam room 24 hours prior to treatment.
- Ice the treated area for a few minutes, four to five times a day, if you are experiencing slight bruising or swelling.
- Restrict facial movements for 24 hours. Make sure to rest for a full day after getting the treatment.
- Don’t perform any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for 3 weeks.
- You can take pain killers as required after the treatment, however it is best to avoid aspirin for 2 weeks after treatment.
- Avoid applying makeup and skincare products for at least 48 hours.
- Consider consuming mainly liquids or soft foods for at least 1 week.
- Chewing gum should be avoided for at least 2 weeks.
- Try keeping your head elevated for 1 week where possible – using two pillows when sleeping can help during the night to retain thread positioning.
- It is recommended that you sleep on your back to prevent any swelling. Avoid straining or placing pressure on your face as it may result in threads misaligning.
- Don’t massage, scrub, exfoliate or pull the skin for at least 3 weeks.
- Do not touch or wash your face for at least 12 hours.
- Follow the care guidelines the practitioner gives you regarding the incision wounds.
- Avoid getting any dental treatment for at least 2 weeks after getting the PDO thread lift.
What are PDO threads made of?
Polydioxanone – a clinically proven material already used in surgical sutures. It’s the preferred choice of material for a thread face lift as it naturally and safely breaks down and dissolves in the body.
Who’s the best candidate for a thread lift?
Men and women in their 30s and beyond who have mild to moderate drooping, lines, and wrinkles in the forehead, face and/or neck. We can also perform the treatment as a non surgical eyelift. You must also be in overall good health and have realistic expectations of the treatment. Facelift threading is best suited for those who want to enhance their appearance without resorting to cosmetic surgery.
How does a non surgical facelift work?
The insertion of the PDO threads triggers the body’s natural production of collagen and elastin, which lasts for at least 2-3 years. The threads themselves dissolve over six months as new fibrous connective tissue grows around them.
Do the threads need to be removed at a later date?
No, the threads will gradually dissolve in the body over six months, which actually helps stimulate collagen production. The threads work to return some of the skin’s elasticity, resulting in a reduction in sagging, lines, and wrinkles.
Will I be able to see the threads?
The threads are clear and cannot be seen once they are inserted under the skin.
What happens during the procedure?
Local anaesthetic will be applied to the treated area, so you will be comfortable throughout your PDO thread lift. The practitioner will then use a cannula or a micro-needle to insert the PDO threads into the deeper layer of your skin.
How long does treatment take?
A non surgical face lift will take around 60 minutes depending on the number of areas being treated.
When can I expect to see results?
You will notice an immediate improvement straight after your threading face lift. Optimal results will be seen 2-6 months after treatment as collagen production is stimulated. The threads will dissolve over six months, but the results will be maintained for much longer.
How long do results last?
This varies depending on the patient’s age at the time of treatment, the quality of the skin, the degree of sagging and the number of threads used. However, results tend to last 2-3 years on average.
What happens if a thread breaks?
Broken threats are not necessarily dangerous but need to be treated as soon as possible. They are not large or strong enough to cause any damage just by migrating. If one is extruding, it could cause some pain if pulled, so protect it from getting caught on anything. Breakage is most common in patients who take poor care in the first couple of weeks following the procedure. Excessive facial movements, facial rubbing, or contact sports can cause the threads to break loose. Seek practitioner advice immediately where possible.
Will follow-up treatment be necessary?
A follow up can be booked in around 4 weeks post treatment and further down the line if additional threads are desired.
Are there any pre-treatment and post-treatment care instructions?
Yes! Please refer to our protocols section for more information.
What is the difference between a PDO thread lift and HIFU?
HIFU is used more for skin conditioning, helping to stimulate collagen and improve overall skin texture and tone with a gentle lift. A PDO Threadlift is more for a full facial lifting that gives a dramatic effect, especially for the jowls and cheekbones – that’s why it’s know as the ‘lunchtime facelift’.
HIFU stands for ‘High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound’ and it is a non-surgical facial treatment that uses ultrasound to lift the facial muscles and tone loose or sagging skin. HIFU deposits focused ultrasound energy below the surface of the skin, contracting the facial layer and stimulating the creation of new collagen in the area. HIFU is highly effective in toning and lifting the skin and muscles of the face. Unlike HIFU, a PDO thread lift will show desired final results after one treatment.
HIFU stands for High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound.
It is an advanced cosmetic...
Fillers, provide a smooth, long lasting correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds...
Anti-wrinkle injections are administered by qualified practitioners. They’re used to relax the...