What is Microneedling?
Microneedling (also known as skin needling or collagen induction therapy) is a type of treatment that uses small needles to cause tiny punctures in the skin. These small contact points encourage the body to create a wound healing response and renew the skin cells. As your skin repairs, the production of collagen and elastin is triggered to give an almost immediate plumping effect.
Microneedling is most commonly used to treat the following skin conditions:
Dull skin – Rejuvenate tired and dull skin and combat the initial signs of ageing.
Wrinkles – Fine lines and wrinkles on the face can be visibly reduced.
Scarring – Scars from acne and Chicken Pox can be improved and an uneven texture can be smoothed out.
Pigmentation – Can help to fade dark patches such as pigmentation due to sun damage or ageing.
Microneedling is a great treatment for you if you have darker skin because it doesn’t involve peels or lasers, which can cause pigmentation issues. Treatments can be performed on the body as well as the face.
Results are most visible after a course of treatments, where skin smoothness and plumpness will be apparent. Treatment is undertaken by a highly skilled clinician who will apply a strong topical numbing cream to the treated area before the procedure. It is a non-surgical procedure, with minimal downtime. The client is usually red in the treated area for a couple of days. Treatment takes is approximately 1.5 hours.
– – –
Small Area – £100
Large Area – £180
Course of 3 – £455
Microneedling Sessions Available:
Singular Microneedling Treatment - Small Area (£100)(patches of stretch marks or scarring)
** TREATMENT TIME: 45 MINS **
Singular Microneedling Treatment - Large Area (£180)(face and large areas of stretch marks e.g. stomach)
** TREATMENT TIME: 1 HOUR 10 MINS **
Course of 3 Microneedling Treatments (£455)*please contact us following payment to book your first treatment in a course
- Excellent anti-ageing treatment
- Non-surgical procedure
- Minimal downtime
- Improves skin elasticity
- Encourages collagen production
- Improves skin tone and texture
- Face and body
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sagging skin
- Open pores
- Acne scarring
- Stretch marks
- Sun damage
- Do not use topical agents that may increase the sensitivity of your skin such as retinoids, exfoliants, topical antibiotics or acids 1 week prior to your treatment. This will help the level of irritation your skin experiences.
- We recommend that if you are planning to receive anti-wrinkle or dermal filler injections, there is a 2 week gap between treatments.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory medications, such as ibuprofen or aspirin, or blood thinning medications for at least 3 days prior to your appointment.
- No waxing, depilatory creams, electrolysis or abrasive treatments to the area being treated 1 week prior.
- Do not shave 48 hours prior to your treatment.
- If you’re prone to cold sores, you can take antiviral medication for 2 days prior to the day of the treatment to reduce the chance of a breakout.
- Avoid blood thinning medications for 1 week prior to appointment, as bruising is a common side effect of microneedling.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure to the face 48 hours prior to treatment as well wearing SPF50 daily.
- Avoid IPL/Laser procedures for at least 2 weeks prior to your treatment.
- Avoid the use of artificial tanning products on your face.
- Avoid treatment during periods of inflamed, active acne or when open sores and wounds are present.
- The best way to arrive at your appointment is without makeup.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure for 1 week after your treatment. SPF should be applied every day for at least 2 weeks but only starting from 24 hours post-treatment.
- We advise you do not take any anti-inflammatory medications for 1 week after the procedure.
- We advise you do not use ice on your face, and avoid using arnica/bromelain. These may interfere with the natural inflammatory process that’s critical for your skin’s rejuvenation.
- Avoid makeup for 24 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid swimming pools, saunas, and situations where you might sweat heavily, including intense workouts at the gym, to protect your newly treated skin. After 72 hours have passed, you may be able to resume these activities if you feel fit to do so.
- Wash your hands before you touch your face.
- A gentle cleanser can be used 6 hours after your treatment.
- You can resume your usual skincare regime 72 hours after your treatment but follow your practitioners advice on what products would suit you skin best.
- Keep your skin hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
How can microneedling help?
- Reduces acne, chicken pox and other scarring
- Helps to tighten the skin and restore elasticity to ageing and sun damaged skin
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks
- Softens fine lines on the face, hands and décolleté
- Thickens the skin to reduce lines and wrinkles
- Reduces pigmentation marks
What part of the body can the treatment be performed on?
The treatment can be carried out anywhere on the body, however the usual and most popular areas are the face, neck, décolletage and hands. It is also used on thighs, buttocks, hips and abdomen.
What does the procedure involve?
Your skin will be thoroughly cleansed and a topical local anesthetic cream will be applied to the area being treated. This is left on for around 10-15 minutes to take effect. The cream is removed and the needling starts, which can take anything from 10 to 30 minutes depending on the size of the area being treated. The roller is repeatedly rolled over the skin to produce thousands of micro-medical needle-columns in the skin. Each column will penetrate into the dermis of the skin and will be approximately 0.1mm in width. The column will close rapidly enabling the skin to recover quickly – often in the same day. The treated skin will show micro bleeding and this is the required end point of the treatment. The skin will be cleansed following the treatment, and the appropriate skincare applied, enabling the products to sink deep into the dermal layers
How will I look after the treatment?
Immediately following the treatment you will look red, resembling moderate sunburn. The skin will feel warm and slightly tight. This will normally reduce within the 24-72 hours. You can return to most normal activities that day.
Are there any pre-treatment and post-treatment care instructions?
Yes! Please refer to our protocols section for more information.
What is the difference between microneedling and dermaplaning?
Microneedling is a more intense and deeper treatment for generating dramatic skin transformations like plumping, reducing open pores and acne scarring. Dermaplaning provides more of an immediate freshness that helps target peach fuzz.
Dermaplaning is a simple and safe procedure for exfoliating the epidermis and ridding the skin of fine vellus hair (peach fuzz). The technique is performed by using a specialised, sterile surgical instrument. Once the skin is properly prepped, the practitioner holds the skin taught and gently scrapes the blade at a 45-degree angle.
What is the difference between microneedling and microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is used for extraction and reducing congestion. There is no downtime to this resurfacing treatment whereas microneedling is more intense and stimulates collagen by targeting the deeper layers of the skin. In this way it is more beneficial for problems like acne scarring, fine lines and wrinkles as well as general skin imperfections.
Microdermabrasion is a safe and controlled skin exfoliating treatment. Microcrystals work on the skin using a hand held device, which gently exfoliates away the very top layer of the skin, reducing and removing dead skin cells and skin debris.
It’s a very controlled skin injury
You’re creating micro-channels into the skin so you can deliver products or ingredients into the deeper layers directly.
Fillers, provide a smooth, long lasting correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds...
A facial is essentially a multi-step skin treatment that is one of the best ways to take care of your...
CACI Microcurrent Facial
CACI microcurrent facial toning is the most advanced multifunctional neck and facial toning system...