What is Microdermabrasion?
Diamond microdermabrasion uses fine diamond micro-crystals to deeply exfoliate the skin, removing dead, built up skin cells on the surface. Once the dead skin cells are removed, fresh skin cells are revealed, resulting in a smoother, tighter and fresher skin. There are multiple benefits to the skin meaning microdermabrasion is the perfect solution for a number of skin concerns, including fine lines and wrinkles, congested skin, and dull, tired looking skin.
Microdermabrasion benefits include; deep exfoliation for clean, clear skin, improved skin tone, stimulates collagen and elastin production and speeds up cell renewal. It is also very effective for more stubborn skin concerns including acne, acne scarring and pigmentation. Microdermabrasion for acne sufferers is very effective, unblocking clogged pores, increasing blood flow to the area and promoting healing to remove pigmentation caused by spots. In this way the treatment is suitable for both dry and oily skin types.
The procedure is not painful and is performed by experienced aestheticians. Suitable products, depending on your skin type and condition, will be applied to the skin after the procedure which will allow for greater penetration.
Regular treatments will improve the overall outcome so a course is recommended.
– – –
Singular Treatment – £135
Course of 3 – £375
Microdermabrasion Sessions Available:
Singular Microdermabrasion Treatment (£135)** TREATMENT TIME: 45 MINS **
Course of 3 Microdermabrasion Treatments (£375)*please contact us following payment to book your first treatment in a course
- Deeply exfoliates the skin, revealing a natural glow
- Improves appearance of lines and wrinkles
- Smooths out open pores
- Smooths rough, blemish prone skin
- Improves pigmentation and sun damage
- Stimulates collagen production, promoting the growth and replenishment of healthy new cells
- Treats a variety of skin conditions
- Lines and wrinkles
- Acne and acne scarring
- Open pores
- Oily and dry skin
- Rough skin
- Ageing skin
- No waxing, depilatory creams, or electrolysis to the area being treated for approximately 5 days prior.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory medications, such as ibuprofen or aspirin, or blood thinning medications for at least 3 days prior to your appointment.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure to the face 48 hours prior to treatment.
- If you are planning to receive anti-wrinkle injections or dermal filler injections, make sure that you give yourself at least 2 weeks before your treatment.
- Do not use topical agents that may increase the sensitivity of your skin such as retinoids, exfoliants, topical antibiotics or acids 5-7 days prior to your treatment.
- If you’re prone to cold sores, you can take antiviral medication for 2 days prior to the day of the treatment to reduce the chance of a breakout.
- Avoid IPL/Laser procedures for at least 2 weeks prior to your treatment.
- Avoid the use of artificial tanning products on your face.
- Avoid treatment during periods of inflamed, active acne or when open sores and wounds are present.
- The best way to arrive at your appointment is without makeup.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure for 1 week after your treatment. SPF should be applied every day for at least 2 weeks but only starting from 24 hours post-treatment.
- Wash your hands before you touch your face.
- A gentle cleanser can be used 6 hours after your treatment.
- You can resume your usual skincare regime 48 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid makeup for 24 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid swimming pools, saunas, and situations where you might sweat heavily, including intense workouts at the gym, to protect your newly treated skin. After 72 hours have passed, you may be able to resume these activities.
- Do not pick any peeling or flaking skin as this can lead to scarring and hyperpigmentation.
- Keep your skin hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
What is microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a safe and controlled skin exfoliating treatment. Microcrystals work on the skin using a hand held device, which gently exfoliates away the very top layer of the skin, reducing and removing dead skin cells and skin debris. Microdermabrasion helps remove dead skin cells and accelerates the rate of skin rejuvenation and stimulates the production of collagen. This makes it a great treatment for fine lines and mild scarring, such as acne scarring. It’s also a great way to unclog pores and clear congestion, leading to clearer skin. Microdermabrasion can also be used in conjunction with superficial skin peels to help with more severe cases of acne.
Microdermabrasion increases the effectiveness of skin care products as they are absorbed, and allows them to penetrate deeper into the skin, where they are needed. Microdermabrasion gives quick visible results and can be used to treat a wide range of skin problems on the face, including congestion, pigmentation, mild scarring, dull skin, fine lines, as well as improving the overall skin health.
What happens during the Microdermabrasion treatment?
Our practitioner will assess your skin, before giving your face a double cleanse. Depending on your skin concerns, she will go over your skin 2-3 times with our handheld microdermabrasion device, slowly building up from a gentle to a high setting. The crystal microdermabrasion device consists of a pump and a vacuum. The pump creates a high pressure stream of the crystals which exfoliates the skin, while the vacuum works to remove the old crystals and dead skin. After this, there is an optional extraction for congested skin, before finishing with a rejuvenating serum and a mask tailored to your skin concerns.
How long does the Microdermabrasion treatment take?
Microdermabrasion lasts for around 45 minutes.
Does it hurt?
Not at all, you will only feel a slight suction effect as the vacuum works to extract the dead skin across your face, and a rough but gentle texture.
What is the recovery time?
You will be able to carry on with your day immediately after treatment. You may experience slight redness and flaking of the skin. You can apply makeup and return to work after the treatment. Because of this limited down-time, microdermabrasion is a great treatment to have the morning before an event, such as a wedding or party.
Are there any pre-treatment and post-treatment care instructions?
Yes! Please refer to our protocols section for more information.
What is the difference between microdermabrasion and microneedling?
Microdermabrasion is used for extraction and reducing congestion. There is no downtime to this resurfacing treatment whereas microneedling is more intense and stimulates collagen by targeting the deeper layers of the skin. In this way it is more beneficial for problems like acne scarring, fine lines and wrinkles as well as general skin imperfections.
Microneedling or collagen induction therapy mimics the effects of fractional laser by generating micro-punctures in the skin. This controlled wound-healing response in the deep layers of the skin stimulates the collagen. It results in a smoother and more youthful appearance.
The proofs in the research!
Scientific papers and articles prove microdermabrasion appears to be a procedure that can produce changes in dermal matrix constituents and result in improvement in skin contour irregularities. It may also be beneficial in improving transepidermal delivery of certain medications.
Microneedling (also known as skin needling or collagen induction therapy) is a type of treatment that...
All facial peels remove a top layer of skin to exfoliate and speed up your cell turnover, but some...
Non-surgical Face Lifts
A non-surgical face lift can include a number of different treatments and procedures that aim to address...