What is Juvéderm Volite?
This is the first injectable designed to specifically address skin quality and is suitable for treating the face, neck, décolletage and hands.
Composed of hyaluronic acid, which is naturally found in abundance in our skin, cartilage, joints and the fluid in our eyes, Juvederm Volite is an effective solution to numerous skin ageing conditions. This is because our hyaluronic acid production, which is the most water-loving molecule known to man, is a key part of what makes our skin look fresh and hydrated. However, around one third of our total hyaluronic acid is made and broken down daily and as we age our bodies’ natural ability to regenerate this substance slowly decreases.
With Juvederm Volite, you will see strong improvements in skin smoothness, elasticity, hydration and overall quality of the skin, with results that can last up to nine months with a single dose. It also contains a built-in anaesthetic – Lidocaine – making the whole injection process a much more comfortable experience.
The results of Juvéderm Volite are not permanent. We recommend for best results to have regular treatments every 6-9 months.
- Hydrates the skin, because of the high water-binding capacity of HA
- Increases elasticity because HA also stimulates collagen production
- Smoothes the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines
- Restore facial contours
- Improve signs of aging
- Reduce appearance of fine lines
- Improve skin hydration
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible for a period of 2 weeks before treatment.
- Schedule your Juvéderm® VOLITE appointments at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation.
- Results from Juvéderm® VOLITE will take approximately 4 to 7 days to appear and vary between individuals. Also bruising and swelling may be apparent in that time period.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
- If you have a history of cold sores you may take anti-viral medication prior to treatment to reduce the chance of breakouts.
- Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant. If breastfeeding your consent form states that this treatment is undertaken at your own risk.
- Do not manipulate the treated area for 24 hours following treatment.
- Do not receive facial/ laser treatments or microdermabrasion after Juvéderm® VOLITE treatment for at least 10 days. Ask your provider if you are not sure about the time frame of certain services.
- Avoid lying down for around 4 hours after your Juvéderm® VOLITE treatment.
- Do not perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for 24 hours after treatment. This includes use of saunas and steam rooms that induce sweating or a raised body temperature.
What is Juvéderm® VOLITE?
It is a low concentration hyaluronic acid that is introduced directly into the skin with a number of fine injections. Its purpose is to improve skin quality, skin hydration and skin elasticity. It can also improve skin smoothness and skin complexion.
Who manufactures Juvéderm® VOLITE?
The product has been developed and is made by Allergan, a company that is the global leader in medical aesthetics, and in cosmetic fillers in particular.
What type of treatment is it?
It is categorised as a dermal filler, although it works more on skin texture improvement than on adding volume to the face. Juvéderm® VOLITE belongs to the renowned Vycross range of fillers for face treatments.
What are the additional benefits of using Juvéderm® VOLITE compared to topical skin care products?
When face moisturiser is used on dry skin it is simply adding an artificial layer that may hydrate the skin surface and feel smooth, but adds nothing to the skin vitality or healthy functioning. In fact over time moisturiser can weaken and thin the skin. Some skin products contain hyaluronic acid and are promoted to improve skin hydration, however very little or none will be absorbed into the skin so the benefit is very limited.
By delivering hyaluronic acid directly into the skin it has been shown histologically that markers for skin hydration (AQP3 and GAG) are significantly increased.
How is Juvéderm® VOLITE administered?
It is administered via a number of injections just into the skin, using a very fine needle. Usually topical anaesthetic will be used in advance to make the treatment more comfortable.
What is it used for?
Juvéderm® VOLITE can be used in younger age groups to improve and brighten the skin, and in older age groups with dry skin, leathery skin, or simply for optimising skin texture. We have also seen an improvement in acne scarring.
VOLITE is not just used for the face, but can also be used to improve skin quality and texture on the neck, décolletage and hands.
How does it work?
Juvéderm® VOLITE works at several levels. The presence of the filler material has a gentle plumping effect, but over the weeks following treatment the skin will feel smoother and appear brighter with softening of wrinkles and tightening of pores.
What does the treatment involve?
Topical anaesthetic cream is usually applied first, and then multiple small droplets of product are introduced into the skin layer by injection.
Does it hurt?
There is some discomfort but due to the fine needle and the presence of local anaesthetic cream this is usually well-tolerated.
What areas can be treated?
Juvéderm® VOLITE can be used to treat any area of skin. The typical areas that we treat are the cheeks, forehead, neck, décolletage and hands.
How long does it last?
One treatment gives results for up to 6 months, when the treatment can be repeated.
What are the results?
Typically results reach their peak after 2-4 weeks. Observations range from brighter, firmer skin, to a smoother feel to the skin, and improvement in fine wrinkles.
Is there any down time?
This depends mostly on whether the skin bruises easily. Some bruising is to be expected, but this is usually minor and easily covered. Some areas such as the neck tend to bruise more readily, and thinner skin will tend to bruise more easily.
What is the difference between Juvéderm® VOLITE and dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are substances/gels injected beneath the skin’s surface to smooth wrinkles and add volume and contour. If you are looking to enhance or change the appearance of specific features, dermal fillers would be a more appropriate treatment. If you are looking to improve the overall quality, hydration and elasticity of your skin, Juvéderm® VOLITE would be the best option for you.
Are there any pre-treatment and post-treatment care instructions?
Yes! Please see our protocols section for more information.
Please note that all injectable treatment results vary between individuals. Some people require more filler than others, or break down and metabolise filler at different rates. Therefore the desired end result may not be achieved after one treatment. We always recommend consulting with your practitioner first and understanding that the need for more filler may be applicable in different cases e.g. treatment area, gender, skin type, whether you’re a first time patient etc.
At Carbon Blush we always recommend a gradual build toward the end goal for the best and longest lasting results, especially for patients who are new to injectable treatments. This way we learn about your skin’s individual reaction to filler and can best advise going forwards with your transformation.
It's effectively an “internal moisturiser” that creates reservoirs of hydration beneath the skin!
Volite sits somewhere between anti-aging treatment and filler. It is made of hyaluronic acid – an ingredient that retains 1000x its water.
Fillers, provide a smooth, long lasting correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds...
Anti-wrinkle injections are administered by qualified practitioners. They’re used to relax the...
Non-surgical Face Lifts
A non-surgical face lift can include a number of different treatments and procedures that aim to address...