What is IV Vitamin Therapy?
This treatment administers vitamins and minerals directly into the blood stream stimulating a more immediate response from the body than alternative supplements.
The amounts administered are carefully controlled to suit each patient and assessed and monitored to provide the best results.
Typically, only 50% of vitamins are absorbed into the body when consumed orally but with IV vitamin therapy this is increased to 90%. An IV drip is a quick and efficient way to deliver fluids or medications into the body’s circulation using a securely placed needle into the patients vein.
Treatments take place over 45 minutes with supervision from a medical professional. The therapy has become increasingly popular with celebrities to improve all manner of issues from deficiencies to tiredness or skin brightness, depending on the vitamin combination of choice.
Benefits will vary dependant on the type of drip you choose to have. Benefits may include:
- Increased energy
- Enhanced mood
- Mental clarity
- Improved sleep
- Decreased stress and anxiety
- Increased immunity
- Muscle recovery
- We ask that you eat prior to your appointment – make sure protein is part of the meal/snack. Some of the vitamins and minerals can cause nausea if infused on an empty stomach.
- Keep hydrated. The minerals and vitamins infused via IV are dehydrating at the cellular level and your body will be more responsive if you are hydrated prior to starting the IV. Also, if you are low on fluids the veins in your arms will be smaller and they tend to hide from us when we are looking for the best site to start your IV. Your response to the IV and finding a vein will be improved by drinking a few glasses of water before your appointment.
- If you can, avoid antihistamine and decongestant drugs before your IV. While these medications are good for clearing stuffy noses, relieving allergy symptoms or alleviating headache, they have a constricting effect on your blood vessels.
- We recommend wearing comfortable clothing to your appointment where you veins can be easily accessed
- Be gentle with the site post-treatment.
- Keep Band-Aid in place for 1 hour
- Cold packs and elevating your arm can be used for any bruising, pain or swelling at the site or pain relief. Any swelling should be significantly reduced in 24 hours
- Post IV infusion symptoms are uncommon. Dehydration is the cause of most symptoms and concerns so we encourage you to drink at least 1L of water after your IV infusion. If enough water is not consumed, you may experience any of the following symptoms: headaches, nausea, joint pain, blurred vision, cramping (GI and/or muscular), mental confusion or disorientation.
What is IV therapy?
Intravenous (IV) vitamin therapy is a safe and effective method for delivering vitamins and minerals directly to your bloodstream. This method bypasses the digestive tract which allows for 100% absorption of all nutrients, making them immediately available for cellular use.
What are the benefits of IV therapy?
There are many benefits, which include but are not limited to:
- Most efficient method of delivering vital nutrients to the body
- Bypasses the digestive tract for 100% absorption
- Nutrients are immediately available for cellular use
- Safely delivers higher doses of vitamins that would not be tolerated if taken orally
- Boosts immune system to help prevent or treat illness
- Increases energy
- Slows the effects of aging
Is the treatment safe?
Yes, we only use reputable and accredited compounding pharmacies for our ingredients. These infusions are administered by licensed skilled IV specialists.
Does the treatment hurt?
We use only skilled professionals for IV placement to ensure the least amount of pain is felt if any at all. Once the IV is in place only a very small straw will be left in the vein ensuring a comfortable session.
What can I expect during my treatment?
Your practitioner will aim to make you as comfortable as possible during your treatment and talk you through the process. You will be seated while the injection site is cleaned. For IV drips, a fine cannula is inserted into the crease of your arm which is attached to your tailored IV drip bag and your body will need around 40-60 mins to absorb the nutrients. For Booster Shots the process is a quick jab (like any vaccine). A plaster is placed on the injection site and you can return to normal daily activities straight away.
How often do I need treatments?
This depends on each individual’s needs and treatments preferred. We recommend a shot or a drip each month to keep the effects topped up and to facilitate overall improved health. For those with a deficiency, frequency may fluctuate.
Is this better than taking vitamins orally?
Yes, vitamins and nutrients taken orally are only partially absorbed. Getting vitamins through the IV process is a direct route to the bloodstream and your cells for maximum absorption. We recommend continuing your daily vitamin regimen.
How soon will I feel the effects?
IV hydration goes straight to your bloodstream bypassing the GI tract and absorbing 100% of the nutrients. Typically you will feel the effects within an hour of treatment. Some of our drip cocktails are designed for long term benefits and may not give you the immediate boost you are looking for.
Are there any pre-treatment and post-treatment care instructions?
Yes! Please refer to our protocols section for more information.
A quick and easy boost!
Whether you’re curing a hangover, suffering from a deficiency or want to boost your immunity, an intravenous drip could be your answer!
Nurse Natalie Evans
SlimMe is the latest, most effective and safest technology for body contouring and non-surgical fat...
HIFU stands for High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound.
It is an advanced cosmetic...
The PDO Thread Lift, sometimes known as the ‘Lunchtime Face lift’, is a minimally invasive non-surgical...