What are Dermal Fillers?
Fillers, provide a smooth, long lasting correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds and add volume to lips. The filler we choose varies from patient to patient. Our experience allows us to choose the filler that best suits each clients need, considering different skin types, treatment area and more.
Filler is typically based on the natural bodily substance hyaluronic acid, yet is derived from non-animal sources, is bio-compatible and biodegradable. It is therefore extremely gentle on the skin and requires no pre-test.
Filler is injected with a micro-needle into the selected area, effectively giving immediate volume where the body’s own hyaluronic acid resources have been depleted. It is a minimally invasive treatment so recovery time is short and you can return to your daily activities immediately.
– – –
0.5ml – £280
1ml – £360
2ml – £520
3ml – £680
4ml – £840
Kimi Lift – £995
Dermal Filler Sessions Available:
0.5ml (£280)** TREATMENT TIME: 1 HOUR **
1ml (£360)** TREATMENT TIME: 1 HOUR **
2ml (£520)** TREATMENT TIME: 1 HOUR **
3ml (£680)** TREATMENT TIME: 1 HOUR 15 MINS **
4ml (£840)** TREATMENT TIME: 1 HOUR 15 MINS **
Kimi Lift (£995)For the perfect profile the Kimi Lift is the solution. Juvéderm is used in the jawline, chin, lips and cheeks to lift, define and enhance bone structure that has diminished. This procedure has been undertaken by many A-list celebrities and high profile individuals in order to achieve the desired facial structure, treating skin laxity, plumpness and rejuvenation. This procedure leaves no visible scarring, has minimal downtime and is virtually painless.
** TREATMENT TIME: 1 HOUR 30 MINS **
- Subtle anti-ageing treatment
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Plumps areas of sunken volume and depleted collagen zones
- Plumps lip volume
- Defines lip border
- Gives a lifting effect
- Minimal downtime
- Very quick non-surgical procedure
- Results can last up to 1 year
- Glabellar lines
- Naso-labial folds
- Marionette lines
- Tear trough
- Pitted Scars
- Lip Lines
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible for a period of 2 weeks before treatment.
- Final results from Dermal Filler injections will take approximately 4 to 7 days to appear – additionally bruising and swelling may be apparent in that time period. Each individual may react differently.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
- If you have a history of cold sores you may take anti-viral medication prior to treatment to reduce the chance of breakouts.
- Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant. If breastfeeding your consent form states that this treatment is undertaken at your own risk.
- Avoid significant movement or massage of the treated area. Unless instructed by your practitioner.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid extensive sun or heat for 72 hours.
- Avoid consuming excess amounts of alcohol or salts to avoid excess swelling.
- If you have swelling you may apply a cool compress for 15 minutes each hour.
- Try to sleep face up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling.
- Use Arnica to help any bruising and swelling.
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are substances/gels injected beneath the skin’s surface to smooth wrinkles and add volume and contour. The products are composed of stabilised hyaluronic acid (HA) which occurs naturally in the cells of the skin. It works by drawing in water and therefore augmenting the skin, thus reducing the wrinkle treated. It is by no means permanent and is totally biodegradable. Depending on the patient, results can last anywhere between 3 – 9 months, with some patients finding it can last up to 2 years. With multiple treatments you’re likely to be left with a natural fullness you never had before and we encourage a build up over time to achieve this.
What areas can dermal fillers be used for?
The face loses volume and contour when we age, the bones and the soft tissue dissolve and contribute to the appearance of sagging skin. Dermal fillers may be used to replace this volume loss and restore the structural support, giving the patient a more youthful appearance. The aim is to make the face more harmonious and rejuvenated.
For instance, the lips may be injected to improve their shape, size, symmetry and proportion. The cheeks may be injected to make a face more defined and attractive. An underdeveloped chin may be injected to make it appear more projected and proportionate. The nose may be injected to improve the shape and its contour. Other areas include:
- Forehead lines
- Brow lines
- Bunny lines
- Under the eyes
- Nasolabial folds
- Marionette lines
What does the procedure entail and is it painful?
The treatment is not considered to be painful, but can be slightly uncomfortable. It is simple and straight-forward, involving a few tiny injections directly into the skin, and takes between 15-30 minutes.
How soon will I see any result and how long does it last?
Results can be seen immediately, although this gradually improves over the course of the following 2-4 weeks. Optimal results can be maintained over a long period of time through regular repeated treatments. The longevity of results varies from person to person depending on your requirements and the severity of the wrinkles that are being treated, in addition to the particular dermal filler being administered.
Are dermal fillers safe?
Yes. We use only products with proven safety records, performed by our highly qualified practitioners. Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a substance which occurs naturally in the cells of the skin and filler helps to enhance its effects. There will likely be normal side effects for a few days however these will subside.
Are there any side effects?
Any serious side effects are rare, but potential side effects include (but are not limited to):
- A lumpy appearance under the skin, which may require medical intervention
- The filler moving away from the intended treatment area
- Blocked blood vessels, which can cause tissue death and blindness
- Allergic reaction
- Discolouration/change in pigmentation of the skin
- A varying metabolism rate of filler in different individuals that affect its longevity in the treatment site
What is a non-surgical nose-job?
This is where filler is used to correct areas of the nose without surgical intervention. Typical reasons for this treatment include:
- To correct asymmetry and smooth contours of the nose
- To even out bumps & depressions
- Raise the bridge of the nose
- Raise the tip of the nose
- Nasal tip projection
This treatment may require up to 2ml filler.
Are there any pre-treatment and post-treatment after-care instructions?
Yes! Please see our protocol sections for more information.
What is the difference between dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections?
Anti-wrinkle injections are used to treat wrinkles and lines caused by repeated muscle movement, such as smile lines and forehead creases. They work by temporarily weakening the underlying muscles whereas dermal fillers are used to plump up the skin by adding volume. They may be used to fill in wrinkles caused by sagging skin, to restore volume lost to the ageing process, or to enhance areas of the face such as the lips and cheeks.
What is the difference between dermal fillers and profhilo?
Profhilo is highly purified hyaluronic acid which is injected into the skin. It initially hydrates the skin and goes on to stimulate your natural collagen and elastin production for a rejuvenating effect. Dermal fillers also tend to be hyaluronic acid based (other types are available) with additional ingredients included. Like Profhilo, dermal fillers are injected into the skin. Unlike Profhilo, they are targeted at specific areas of lax skin to replenish lost volume and repair skin damage, as well as increasing natural collagen and elastin levels in that area.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Please note that all injectable treatment results vary between individuals. Some people require more filler than others, or break down and metabolise filler at different rates. Therefore the desired end result may not be achieved after one treatment. We always recommend consulting with your practitioner first and understanding that the need for more filler may be applicable in different cases e.g. treatment area, gender, skin type, whether you’re a first time patient etc.
At Carbon Blush we always recommend a gradual build toward the end goal for the best and longest lasting results, especially for patients who are new to injectable treatments. This way we learn about your skin’s individual reaction to filler and can best advise going forwards with your transformation.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel 🎥
You don't need to worry - it's completely safe!
Dermal fillers are recognised as a minimally invasive, safe procedure. Because the hyaluronic acid which is used in the treatment is naturally occurring in the body, there is no recognised risk of an allergic reaction.
Nurse Natalie Evans
“Had my lips done today, loving the outcome, had a great experience made to feel very welcome.. Would recommend to everyone”
“I had a such a pleasant experience at your clinic and hope to see your both again. I have no bruising and no marks on lip which is even better. Will definitely be back thank you :)”
Anti-wrinkle injections are administered by qualified practitioners. They’re used to relax the...
Non-surgical Face Lifts
A non-surgical face lift can include a number of different treatments and procedures that aim to address...
CACI Microcurrent Facial
CACI microcurrent facial toning is the most advanced multifunctional neck and facial toning system...