What are Anti-wrinkle Injections?
Anti-wrinkle injections are administered by qualified practitioners. They’re used to relax the main muscle groups on the face to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Botilium Toxin is a purified protein that has been used with great success medically for over 30 years.
It is injected with a micro-needle into selected muscles, with little discomfort. Treatment takes no more than a few minutes, and unlike invasive surgery, there is no recovery time. Anti-wrinkle Injections are fast, simple, minimally invasive and extremely effective. Clients will return directly to work and their normal daily activities immediately after treatment. Within a few days the treatment will have full effect and will last between 3-6 months.
The beauty of Anti-wrinkle injections is that it stops the skin from creasing and wrinkles from deepening. In fact, with continued use, it can be used as a preventative treatment to prevent lines and wrinkles appearing in the first place.
– – –
x1 Area – £180
x2 Areas – £250
x3 Areas – £340
x4 Areas – £430
x 5 Areas – £520
Hyperhidrosis – £420
Migraine Treatment – £360
Jaw Clenching Treatment – £360
x1 Area (£180)** TREATMENT TIME: 45 MINS **
X2 Areas £250)** TREATMENT TIME: 45 MINS **
x3 Areas (£340)** TREATMENT TIME: 45 MINS **
x4 Areas (£430)** TREATMENT TIME: 45 MINS **
x5 Areas (£520)** TREATMENT TIME: 45 MINS **
Hyperhidrosis [Excessive Underarm Sweating] (£400)Anti-wrinkle injections injections are administered directly into the area of your body that commonly sweats and your overactive nerves are essentially paralyzed. When your nerves can’t signal your sweat glands, you don’t sweat. Anti-wrinkle injections will prevent sweating in the specific area it is injected.
** TREATMENT TIME: 45 MINS **
Migraine Treatment (£360)Anti-wrinkle injections can be a prescribed treatment for helping migraine headaches because it blocks neurotransmitters that carry pain signals from your brain. It stops the chemicals before they get to the nerve endings around your head and neck.
** TREATMENT TIME: 45 MINS **
Jaw Clenching (£360)A very popular treatment for those suffering from bruxism/TMJ dysfunction. It can also help in creating the illusion of a slimmer lower face. This is usually popular with patients from oriental backgrounds who often have a genetic predisposition to masseter hypertrophy. It's also a perfect treatment option for those suffering from bruxism (grinding teeth excessively).
** TREATMENT TIME: 45 MINS **
- Subtle anti-ageing treatment
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Can give a lifting effect to the face
- Very quick non-surgical procedure
- Minimal downtime
- Results can last up to 6 months
- Glabellar lines
- Forehead lines
- Crow’s feet
- Nasal bunny lines
- Vertical lip lines
- Corners of mouth
- Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible for a period of 2 weeks before treatment.
- Schedule your Dermal Filler and Anti-wrinkle Injections appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation.
- Results from the Anti-wrinkle injections will take approximately 4 to 7 days to appear and vary between individuals. Also bruising and swelling may be apparent in that time period.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
- If you have a history of cold sores you may take anti-viral medication prior to treatment to reduce the chance of breakouts.
- Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant. If breastfeeding your consent form states that this treatment is undertaken at your own risk.
- Do not manipulate the treated area for 24 hours following treatment.
- Do not receive facial/ laser treatments or microdermabrasion after Anti-wrinkle injections for at least 10 days. Ask your provider if you are not sure about the time frame of certain services.
- Avoid lying down for around 4 hours after your Anti-wrinkle injection treatment.
- If the desired results are not seen after 2 weeks of your treatment you may need a top-up appointment which is complimentary with every full priced Anti-wrinkle Injection treatment.
- Do not perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for 24 hours after treatment. This includes use of saunas and steam rooms that induce sweating or a raised body temperature.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory medications, such as ibuprofen or aspirin, or blood thinning medications for at least 3 days prior to your appointment.
- Please shave the hair under your armpits the day before your treatment.
- Avoid wearing deodorant on the day of your appointment.
- We recommend wearing comfortable clothing to your appointment.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and extreme heat for 24 hours.
- Avoid the use of underarm deodorants for 24 hours.
What are anti-wrinkle injections?
Botulinum toxin often referred to as anti-wrinkle or muscle relaxant injections is a prescription only treatment. It works by temporarily blocking the nerve signals to the muscles. The muscle becomes relaxed, in turn reducing the appearance of the lines and wrinkles.
Which areas can be treated?
Anti-wrinkle injections can be used in the following places?
When is the ideal time to start anti-wrinkle injection treatments?
Many clients begin receiving injections as soon as they start seeing signs of wrinkles. Others wait until their wrinkles are more substantial before seeking treatment. There is no reason to delay seeking these cosmetic injections. While most clients begin treatment in their early 30s or 40s, it can be performed safely on clients who are both younger and older. Some patients in their 20’s have injectable treatments to prevent wrinkles and lines from forming.
Is the treatment available for men and women?
Yes, anti-wrinkle injections are suitable for both men and women.
Are there any age restrictions
We do not treat anyone under the age of 18 years.
Can I have the treatment while pregnant?
No, for safety reasons you cannot have this treatment if you are pregnant. If you are breastfeeding please consult your GP first.
Is the treatment painful?
The treatment is not considered to be painful but some clients experience a little discomfort. We use a very thin needle and the injection process is over in a matter of minutes. We apply a topical numbing cream to ease the discomfort.
Will I still be able to make expressions?
One of the worries many clients express is that the injections will make it difficult for them to move their faces. While anti-wrinkle injections do relax the muscle activity causing wrinkles, when used correctly they will not affect your ability to frown, look surprised, and make other facial movements. When overdone, anti-wrinkle injections can have a tendency to cause a frozen appearance, but Carbon Blush practitioners will always ensure the right amount of product is injected into the correct places (which is why we carry out facial mapping prior to treatment) and we always take a gradual approach.
Will people know I have had the treatment?
Carbon blush aims to create a natural-looking enhancement to your appearance. Often, people who know you well will remark that you look healthier, well rested, or refreshed, which, to us, means we have achieved the perfect result!
Do results depend on the person?
Yes, individual results can vary. Carbon Blush’s experienced practitioners can provide optimum results for each client through careful evaluation of their individual concerns and aesthetic goals. This enables us to provide a personalised treatment and use the right amount of product to achieve the results you desire.
Are the results permanent?
No, the result is temporary. The results last between 3-5 months depending on the facial area treated, and your body’s ability to absorb the injected toxin. It can wear off after as little as 8 weeks in some clients and it can last up to 6 months in others.
Many patients undergo regular touch-up injections in order to maintain their rejuvenated appearance. If you opt not to have further treatment, the treated area will gradually return to its pre-treatment appearance. We recommend purchasing a membership to keep on top of your youthful appearance through preventative treatments.
How often will I need treatment?
Many clients return for further treatment when they see the results of the initial treatment wearing off. For some clients top ups are sometimes necessary, as everyone is different. These are free within 3 weeks as we aim to provide sufficient levels in the first place. You need to leave at least 12 weeks between one full treatment to the next. If you are exposed to the toxin too frequently your body can create antibodies to fight against the treatment resulting in anti-wrinkle injection resistance where it no longer works.
Will the treatment prevent new wrinkles forming?
In addition to smoothing existing wrinkles, anti-wrinkle injections have some ability to prevent new wrinkles from forming. They can reduce the repetitive muscle movements that lead to wrinkle formation.
Are there any pre-treatment and post-treatment care instructions?
Yes! Please see our protocols section for more information.
What is the difference between anti-wrinkle injections and dermal filler?
Anti-wrinkle injections are used to treat wrinkles and lines caused by repeated muscle movement, such as smile lines and forehead creases. They work by temporarily weakening the underlying muscles. Dermal fillers are used to plump up the skin by adding volume. They may be used to fill in wrinkles caused by sagging skin, to restore volume lost to the ageing process, or to enhance areas of the face such as the lips and cheeks.
Please note that all injectable treatment results vary between individuals. Some people require more treatment than others, or break down and metabolise substances at different rates. Therefore the desired end result may not be achieved after one treatment. We always recommend consulting with your practitioner first and understanding that the need for more treatments may be applicable in different cases e.g. treatment area, gender, skin type, whether you’re a first time patient etc.
At Carbon Blush we always recommend a gradual build toward the end goal for the best and longest lasting results, especially for patients who are new to injectable treatments. This way we learn about your skin’s individual reaction to different treatments and can best advise going forwards with your transformation.
It's completely reasonable for someone in their 20s to consider Anti-wrinkle injections for the treatment and prevention of future wrinkles.
The product helps minimise the appearance of current lines as well as weaken muscles to prevent the production/worsening of wrinkles in the affected area.
Nurse Natalie Evans
“I have had anti-wrinkle injections before but carbon blush actually works, thank you so much”
“Carbon Blush has the most advanced and experienced doctors and nurses for treatment of anti-wrinkle injections in Guildford. Carbon blush have transformed my skin, they are miracle workers”
Amelia Cavalli, Model
“Wow is all I can say. This place makes me feel and look so good. I have had anti-wrinkle injections, HIFU, facials and a head massage here and due to have my brows microbladed and a skin peel. The professional and simply beautiful kind spirited practitioners really know their stuff and make you feel so calm, special and beautiful. I cannot recommend this clinic (although it’s so gorgeous inside it’s like a sanctuary) enough. Don’t take my word for it, treat yourself and go yourself.”
This is the first injectable designed to specifically address skin quality and is suitable for treating...
CACI Microcurrent Facial
CACI microcurrent facial toning is the most advanced multifunctional neck and facial toning system...
Profhilo is made from hyaluronic acid and is an injectable treatment for anti-ageing that immediately...