Does Retinol Obagi Help Reduce Acne Scarring and Improve Your skin:
Getting rid of acne and acne scars is one of the most commonly discussed skin issues. Undoubtedly it’s also one of the most complex problems to solve not only due to the different types of acne that cause scarring but also how acne scars affect different skin types. To combat these issues, Obagi Retinol is considered the most effective treatment. Let’s have a look at this blog post.
What are acne scars and how are they formed?
Acne scars are formed due to inflammation or acne and acne is formed due to the accumulation of excess oil, dead skin cells, and bacteria. As a result, pores become enlarged and swell. When the pores become swelled up it causes breakage within the follicle wall that results in the formation of cysts, lesions, and nodules.
The shallow lesions don’t cause scars as they heal faster but the deeper ones cause the actual problem. These deep scars are repaired by the skin’s healing system but sometimes the repair process is not smooth because the excess production of collagen builds up permaneltly in the affected area leading to the formation of acne scars. These acne scars appear in the form of small craters on the skin, raised tissue, or dark spots.
What are the types of acne scars?
There are two main different types of acne scarring, named as
- Hypertrophic scarring – also known as keloid scarring, this type of scarring develops when the skin cells produce too much collagen to treat the acne wound. This excessive production of collagen leads to the formation of a mass of prominently raised tissue on the surface of the skin.
- Atrophic scarring – also known as depressed scarring, this type of scarring develops when the puss-filled pimples lose the tissue. This loss of tissue results in the appearance of obvious holes on the skin surface that resembles exactly like chickenpox scars.
How to get rid of acne scars?
The best tip is not to pick the skin if it has some acne but various skin care products and treatments can also be the effective remedy for treating acne scars. Retinol is one such ingredient that is being used in different skincare products like creams, lotions, gels, serums, and wipes.
What is retinol?
Retinol is a part of the family of compounds called retinoids which are the synthetic derivatives of vitamin A. Retinol is a largely tested ingredient that has been proved to reverse the signs of aging, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improves the appearance of uneven skin tone, unclog the pores and skin blemishes that results in more even skin tone, radiant and youthful appearance of the skin.
What is Obagi Retinol?
The Obagi Retinol consists of a patented formula that increases the overall cell turnover, provides ultra-effective delievery of product into the skin while minimizing the irritation. Along with retinol, this product is packed with jojoba oil and shea butter that keeps the skin hydrated soothed, and plumped.
How does Obagi Retinol work?
The mechanism of action of Obagi Retinol is quite simple but leaves a long-lasting effect on the overall health of the skin. Obagi Retinol works in two ways:
- Retinol exfoliates gently to remove all the dirt, oil from pores, and dead skin cells from the outermost layer of the skin called the epidermis.
- It also works like magic by penetrating deep into the skin to treat acne and acne scars. The tiny molecules of retinol penetrate the middle layer of the skin called the dermis where it releases collagen and elastin that keep the skin more youthful.
What are the benefits of Obagi Retinol?
Retinol must be a part of one’s skincare regimen because it has plenty of skincare benefits.
It’s the best treatment to fight against aging – boosting collagen production, improving elasticity, and minimizing fine lines and wrinkles.
- It effectively reduces acne scarring and breakouts.
- It also helps in treating hyperpigmentation and sun damage.
- It also minimizes the appearance of enlarged pores and improves the overall skin texture.
- It also promotes skin radiance, glow, and youthful appearance.