Acne is an unpredictable skin condition faced by a large majority of the population at some stage in their life. Factors such as hormones, stress and improper skincare can contribute to flare-ups and breakouts. However, despite it being so common, everyones skin is different, making it extremely complex to fix. Adult acne in particular can be distressing and embarrassing, so its important to find a solution that really works – that’s where Obagi’s Clenziderm System comes in!
Despite there being a range of acne-fighting products on high street, professional skin care products have a much higher potency, meaning they need a consultation with a trained professional in order to be prescribed for use. High street brands are culprits of using a lot of alcohol and perfume which, while initially drying out the skin, can lead to long term oil production and future breakouts and irritation. By using professional skincare you are buying the research, the expertise, the long term results.
The Clenziderm system contains 3 products that compliment each other and work together to transform the health and appearance of acne-prone skin. They contain ingredients of high potency that should be used with correct, professional direction to achieve the desired results. The system can penetrate the skin to reach the bacteria within the pores and reduce breakouts in as quickly as 12 weeks.
Daily Care Foaming Cleanser
– 2% Salicylic Acid
– Calming Menthol
– Leaves skin feeling fresh and clean
– Use a pea sized amount and massage gently over the entire face using tepid water. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
– Likely to dry out skin so best to build up usage starting with once a week.
– Hydrating moisturisers like Obagi Hydrate are key to use alongside these stronger products
– 2% Salicylic Acid
– Unclogs blocked pres
– Reduces Sebum/Oil
– Removes dead skin cells
– Prepares the skin for the next step
– Shake bottle well, pump 2-3 times onto cotton wool and cover the entire affected area with a thin layer. Allow to air dry and do not rinse.
– Build up frequency of usage due to its drying properties that will likely cause redness and peeling
– 5% Soluble Benzoyl Peroxide
– delivers medication into the follicles where acne starts
– cover the entire affe cited area with a thin layer
– rinse hands after application
– Avoid the sun where possible and use a high SPF sun protector such as the Obagi Sunshield Matte SPF 50
The Active Ingredients
Salicylic Acid – This is a beta hydroxy acid (BHA) derived from aspirin. While it has similar exfoliating properties to an AHA it works deeper to loosen and break apart desmosome, which are the attachments between the cells in the skins outer layer.s This causes exfoliation of the skin and unclogs to pores to lessen sebum secretion and contribute to the reduction of acne.
Benzoyl Peroxide works by targeting and reducing acne causing bacteria by causing the skin to dry and peel. It has anti-inflammatory properties and can be used alongside other acne treatments. It is usually prepared by treating hydrogen peroxide with benzoyl chloride.
Obagi have tested their product over many years and following a 12 week testing of the system they reported that:
- 81% of users were satisfied or very satisfied with the improvement to their acne
- 87% of users felt that the treatments were effective or very effective.
That is a very high satisfaction rate which we would be delighted to pass on to our own patients. BOOK YOUR FREE SKIN CONSULTATION TODAY!